|IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES|
|November 1, 2017||Abstract Submission is Open|
|February 1, 2018||Abstract Submission Deadline|
|February, 2018||Registration Opens|
|March 1, 2018||Author Notification of Acceptance|
|April 1, 2018||Oral and Poster Presenter Registration Deadline Earlybird Registration Discount Deadline|
|May 29-June 3 2018||CAPM&R Annual Scientific Meeting|
Submission Guidelines: Only original submissions will be accepted for review. Abstracts previously presented at another meeting or published in a journal will not be considered. Authors will be asked to categorize their abstract submissions to facilitate peer review and enable award consideration. Authors will be asked to identify which category best fits their submission:
- Case reports
- Reviews (reviews, systematic reviews and meta- analyses)
- Original research
- Education (patient or resident).
Abstracts presented at the CAPM&R annual conference are submitted to the Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine (JRM) for publication. While the CAPM&R will accept submissions in either French or English, JRM will only publish submissions in English. Authors may submit an abstract in French for presentation at the meeting, with the understanding that these abstracts will not be submitted to JRM for publication unless the author also submits a translated version in English.
Deadline: February 1
Title: Please provide a succinct title. Ideally, the title should contain a reference to the study design. (Whole body vibration and osteoarthritis: a retrospective cohort study or Use of restraints during geriatric rehab: a systematic review).
Authors: Author 1 First Name Last Name Degree; Author 2 First Name Last Name Degree;
Institution Affiliation: University followed by Hospital Affiliation (ie. University of Toronto, Dept of Medicine Toronto Rehabilitation Institute – University Health Network)
Body: The abstract should consist of not more than 250 words summarizing the contents of the article. It is important, especially for indexing services, that this must be intelligible independently of the article.
Structured abstracts should be submitted under the following headings:
- Original Research: Context/Objective; Design; Setting; Participants; Interventions; Outcome Measures; Results; Conclusion, and for registered trials, Trial Registration.
- Reviews (reviews, systematic reviews and meta- analyses): Context; Objective; Methods (data sources, data extraction); Results; Conclusion.
- Education (Patient or Resident): Context; Methods (evidence acquisition); Results (evidence synthesis); Conclusion.
- Case Reports: Context; Findings; Conclusion/Clinical Relevance.
Funding Acknowledgement: Granting Agency and Number (ie Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation 2012-017)
Keywords: Authors are asked to supply up to five keywords (in alphabetical order) to be used as an aid to coding and indexing. They must be selected from the NLM Permuted Medical Subject headings (MeSH) at www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh .
PLEASE NOTE: Contest and Abstract submissions are reviewed separately. Non-winning contest submissions are not automatically accepted for poster presentation at the conference. All authors with accepted abstracts will be expected to ensure that the abstract conforms with the submission guidelines, to present a related poster at the meeting and be present during the poster session. Authors must be present during the poster session to be considered as a candidate for the poster competition. Authors of award winning abstracts will be invited to do short podium presentations during the main conference. If you require further information, please contact the CAPM&R at 613-507-0480 or by email at email@example.com.
Abstract Submission Will Open November 1.
Abstract Submission Fee
- A flat fee of $100 (CAD) will be charged at the end of each submission.
- The only method of payment accepted for abstract fees is via Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, you can select pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) once directed to the Paypal screen.
- The abstract submission fee is a non-refundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the meeting. Separate registration fees apply. All presenters must register in order to attend conference. Conference registration will be open in January and registration rates will be posted on the website.
- If your abstract is accepted for either a poster or oral presentation and you have registered and paid to attend the annual meeting, you will receive a refund of $100 on your conference registration.
- Do not withdraw a paid abstract submission if edits are needed or to begin a new submission. Submissions can be edited at any time after submission and prior to the abstract submission deadline. Refunds will not be issued for abstracts that are withdrawn and resubmitted.
Click here for a helpful paper which offers tips and guidelines on how to write a successful abstract: http://rc.rcjournal.com/content/respcare/49/10/1206.full.pdf
Click here to submit abstracts.