Rules & Guidelines
- The author must be a CAPM&R member.
- The paper must have been published in the calendar year preceding the CAPM&R meeting.
- Author must sign the following disclaimer: “I am the principal investigator/author/contributor to this paper”.
- If the applicant is not the principal investigator/author/contributor, a signed letter stating participation must be submitted for consideration.
- Only one submission per author.
- To qualify, the paper must have been published in a peer-reviewed Journal.
- Content of the paper can be original research, reviews, meta-analysis or other publications.
- The winner of the “Paper of the Year” Award will be expected to speak on the topic of his/her paper at the CAPM&R Annual Meeting.
- The winner of the “Paper of the Year” Award will not be considered for the other awards for work on a related topic.
- The applicant can be a resident, fellow or qualified physiatrist.
- Prize need not to be awarded.
How to apply:
- Submissions must be uploaded online here: http://capmr.call-for-papers.ca/
- Deadline for submission is February 1 of the current year.
- The chair of the Research Committee will select 3-5 reviewers among, but not limited to, Research Committee of the CAPM&R, CAPM&R members at-large.
- The reviewers will rank the papers submitted to the chair of the Research Committee.
- The paper with the highest average rating is the winner.
- The reviewers will not rank papers in which they have a conflict of interest.